1.18.2013

The fatherless will find rest

So I am currently on a charter bus headed to Colorado with a few other adults and about 30 high schoolers and there is no other place I would rather be...well maybe my own bed have you ever tried sleeping on one of these things?!?

Anyways...I just have been thinking today and reminded how many of the students we work with come from broken homes. I don't know what goes on in their minds or how that feels but I know it can't be easy, but then I was reminded by a song that when we find our rest in The Lord, none of us will feel like we are fatherless (motherless, whatever you feel is missing). Because of Jesus' great name we don't have to feel the emptiness of someone missing from our life. I know that it will still be an everyday struggle for the kids going through this but I hope and pray that God will use us to spread this truth to them so that no matter who may be absent from their life, their Heavenly Father will NEVER leave them!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ys8RlUbaJ20

Here is the link to the Natalie Grant song. It's a great reminder for me that every day I am only made whole in Christ and only He can satisfy and sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment